If you are a System Administrator or a Support Engineer, who has to go through various log files or system reports to find the source of error or some other important information and who is tired of writing grep or awk or sed commands and perl/shell scripts to do this, then IntelliGet is just right for you. Although all these are great tools but they have their limitations and drawbacks.
- These tools work on "regular expressions" which are difficult to understand and invariably make the code illegible
- These tools work on a line-by-line basis, so you cannot process information spread across multiple lines
- You cannot process data based on things like line number, length of text, etc
- Transforming the data is very difficult
- It involves unnecessay complexity by having logic for file i/o, multiple loops, cleaning up intermediate files, etc